Friday, November 20, 2009

THE MYSTERY OF PETER JAMES - NO HE IS NOT P.J. PROBY

"Peter James is a real person. He is not P.J. Proby or someone else, recording under a fake name. I met him working with Jerry Capeheart at American Music. I saw him record at United Western. He did demos but he was also a producer. He was a white fellow, about 6 feet tall, thin, dark hair, and he wore an eye-patch!"

That's what Wes Bryan had to say when I asked him to help solve the Peter James Mystery that has been the talk of rockabilly and early rock and roll fans on YouTube recently.

I also contacted P.J. Proby and he says he never recorded under the name Peter James.

My own internet research brought up no evidence that Peter James continued to work after this period. But there is something new on the net everyday.

So if Peter James is out there, please contact us!

Christine Trzyna

2 comments:

Peter said...

Hi Wes and Christine,
Many thanks for solving a very loooong debate, which started in 2002 on Yahoo-Spectre, if not before. When in Australia in 2004 Proby was asked if he was Peter James and again on his blog last year.And now the last months on Youtube and PJ Proby´s forum.
I have added your info and your URL on my uploads of Peter James-songs on Youtube.
Best wishes,
Peter Lindgren

PS Wes, why don´t you upload some more of your own songs on Youtube? QWould be interesting!

WES BRYAN and CHRISTINE TRZYNA said...

You're welcome! I'm curious about what happened to Peter Jamnes as well! wOULDN'T IT BE SOMETHING IF HE DID CONTACT US...!